Tis Hazari Courts Complex

 

 

 

 

 

 

Construction of Tis Hazari Courts Building started in 1953. The same was inaugurated on 19-03-1958 by Chief Justice Mr. A. N. Bhandari of the then Punjab High Court. All the civil courts and many criminal courts were housed in this building. Even today Tis Hazari continues to be the principal Court building in Delhi.  The following Courts are functioning at Tis Hazari Courts Complex:

 

 

1.

Courts of District Judges and Additional District Judges

2.

Courts of Additional Sessions Judges

3.

Appellate Tribunal for MCD & NDMC

4.

Motor Accident Claims Tribunal

5.

Courts of Rent Controllers & Civil Judges

6.

Courts of CMM / ACMM / MMs

7.

Court of Special Judges

8.

Children Courts*

 

 

Treasury of the Government of N.C.T. of Delhi is also located in this complex apart from a branch of State Bank of India having ATM facility, one Post Office, three libraries for lawyers and one library for Judicial Officers.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

* Courts located at Kingsway Camp, Delhi